All foreign nationals require a valid visa to enter India.
Application for registration of Visa should be made Online only at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in. Before filling the application, "Instructions for form" should be perused to obviate mistakes in submission of application. Details regarding types of visas to be applied and fee structure may be ascertained from information given below. The online filled form is to be printed and submitted at the High Commission of India, Dar es Salaam on the date of appointment obtained online.
- If no date of appointment is available after registration, please try on the next day by using “Reprint” at the first page of the online form and click on to “Get Appointment” by using the “Webfile number” and “Date of Birth”. In case no appointment date is received for 5 consecutive days after registration, contact the High Commission to seek an appointment date.
- Applicants are advised to reach the High Commission only 15 minutes prior to appointment time to avoid congestion and inconvenience inside the visa hall which does not have capacity for more than 20 persons.
- Those applicants who do not have online appointment, may visit the High Commission between 1030 – 1100 hours only, for seeking date of appointment for submission of their visa application and related documents.
All applicants are required to come personally for biometric data capture. However, following are exempted from personal appearances:-
- Diplomatic/ Official Passport holders
- Applicants below the age of twelve years and above the age of 70 years
- Medically ill applicants who are unable to come physically
- Those whose biometric data has been recorded during an earlier visa application
Visa to Tanzanian nationals is normally issued in three working days (excluding the day of submission) and for the residents of other countries in five working days.
Applications for Emergency Visas and for Diplomatic/Official Visas could be submitted on any working days between 0900 - 1030 hrs.
The status of Visa Application can be seen on the link for Visa Enquiry.
Types of Visa
Specific visas are granted according to the purpose. The main types of visa are as below. Please contact the High Commission for further details if the purpose of the visit is other than these, such as yoga, voluntary work, mountaineering, or other expeditions. The same visa application form is, however, applicable in all cases.
- While in India extension of a visa may be sought from Ministry of Home Affairs, Director (F), Lok Nayak Bhawan, Ist Floor, Khan Market, New Delhi-110003.
To Apply: The following are required to accompany the visa application.
Passport valid for minimum 6 months beyond the date of intended departure from India. The visa validity period may not extend beyond the passport's validity expiry date.
- Valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate.
- For third country nationals, proof of long-term (at least 3 years) permanent residence.
- Application forms should be filled completely, correctly and legibly; incomplete and illegible forms may not be entertained.
- The provisions herein are general; other provisions may apply in specific cases.
- The High Commission reserves the right to call any applicant for a personal interview, and may ask for additional information at any stage during the processing.
- Submission of the application along with prescribed fees does not necessarily guarantee issue of visa.
- The High Commission reserves the right to refuse visa to any applicant without assigning any reason, as well as to decide the duration of visa.
- The visa fees are non-refundable, even if the application is withdrawn or the service refused.
- Validity of all visas is counted from the date of their issue.
- The requirements or guidelines herein, and the fees structure, are subject to change without prior notice.
- In a case of fraud or misbehaviour, the passport will be suitably endorsed/stamped.
- All persons holding a long term visa (validity exceeding 180 days) are required, within 14 days of arrival in India, to get themselves registered with the nearest Foreigners Registration Office. However, for a long term Business Visa holder, registration is required only well before the 180-day period provided the planned stay in one visit is to extend beyond 180 days, or else registration is not required at all.